Car Hire Aarhus
Road trips from AarhusRee Park - Ebeltoft Safari
Drive 25 minutes from Aarhus airport, via Ebeltoftvej, and enjoy a day in Ree Park - Ebeltoft Safari. You’ll discover more than 800 animals from five continents, including giraffes, cheetahs, zebras and lions. The park also has picnic areas and various themed restaurants for you to enjoy.
Only 45 minutes from Aarhus Airport - via Route 15 - you will find the Marselisborg Forest. It’s ideal for a romantic stroll, or a picnic with the kids. You can even go hiking between an incredible flora and fauna as well.
From Aarhus, only a 1.5 hour drive away, is the world famous Legoland. Offering more than 50 attractions, including roller coasters, water parks and restaurants - Legoland offers fun for all ages .
Make sure you explore a variety of attractions in across Central Denmark – and enjoy Aarhus with Avis car hire. Bon voyage!
Plan your trip in AarhusAarhus is the second largest city in Denmark, and has so much to offer. You’ll discover some of the best restaurants in Northern Europe, a wide array of museums, and you can visit a number of attractions across the whole city.
Top tip: make sure you take in the exciting open-air Old Town museum - which is located in the Aarhus Botanical Gardens. It is made up of several beautiful historic buildings, right next to the ARoS Museum.
Driving rules in DenmarkWhich side of the road?
In Denmark, please drive on the right side of the road.
Country driving laws
- Motorists must always yield to bicycles
- In towns, horns may only be used in an emergency
- Give way to the right
- Mobile phones may only be used with a headset or hands-free device
- Cars and motorcycles must use dipped headlights during the day
- Danish motorways are mostly toll-free, but the two major bridges, the Oresund and Storebaelt Bridges, charge tolls
All speed signs will be in km/h.
For a standard rental Avis vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 31 mph (50 km/h)
- Rural areas: 49 mph (80 km/h) or 55mph (90km/h)
- Motorways: 68 mph (110 km/h) or 80mph (130km/h)
Please be aware of changing speeds indicated by road signs.
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children under 3 must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size.
- Children less than 135cm must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size.
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.