Car Hire Oslo
Car hire in Oslo
Explore Oslo's sights
Driving rules in Norway
- Winter tyres are mandatory between November and April.
- Mobile phones may only be used with a headset or hands-free device
- Give way to traffic approaching from the right. You have the right of way if there is a road sign with a yellow diamond at the intersection
- Trams always have right of way.
- In Oslo, electric vehicles are allowed to use bus lanes.
- Dipped headlights must be used at all times
- If you're caught committing a driving offence, the police can issue an on-the-spot fine
- Urban areas: 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Rural areas: 90 km/h (55 mph)
- Motorways: 110 km/h (80 mph)
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- All children must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
- Children under 4 years old must travel in an appropriate rear-facing child seat for their size
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.